Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Soup Satisfier

Hello all! Happy Sunday! It is so beautiful here today! I wish the weather would stay this way forever! First off, I want to send a big BIRTHDAY shout out to my wonderful and sweet mother in law, Charlene! Happy birthday and I love you!

Today, I want to share a scrumptious, semi-homemade clam chowder recipe that came from my Aunt KBL. My mom, my mother in law, and I make this all the time! It is so great and so easy to make for small or big crowds. EVERYONE wants the recipe after eating it, so have it on hand! ;)

Creamy Clam Chowder

3 Tbs. butter

1 pkg. cream cheese

6 scallions, chopped (mostly white and a little green)

2 lg. cans clam chowder (I use Campbell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder)

2 cans crab meat, drained

Heavy cream

Salt and pepper

Sauté butter, cream cheese and scallions. Add clam chowder and crab meat. Slowly add heavy cream to consistency of your liking. Salt and pepper to taste.

Optional: Top with shredded cheese, scallions and crumbled bacon.

*Perfect soup for grilled cheese dippin'! Mmmmm! Good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails